Location: Area 3
Competition #: 6619
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: July 6th, 2018
Closing Date: Open Ended
Are you looking for an educational leadership opportunity in Alberta’s north? Northland School Division No. 61 is seeking an advocate of Indigenous Education and a supporter of First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) Language and Culture to help us lead the way in FNMI Education. Applications are invited from qualified educators to fill a 1.00 FTE Pedagogical Supervisor term position based in the Division’s east side for a two year term. This is a 12 month position.
We are looking for an individual who will provide a strong FNMI perspective, have successful experience in Aboriginal and rural communities, and school-based leadership. Fluency in the language and experience in the culture would be an asset. This position will build on the current strengths of the schools to work towards literacy and language improvement through common Division goals and initiatives, including:
- First Nations and Métis Learner Success,
- Educational Technology, and
This position will be of interest to innovative and enthusiastic individuals willing to participate in improving and expanding educational services within the Division. The successful candidate will be expected to work cooperatively with other members of an interdisciplinary Learning Services Team and Division Leadership to provide quality service to our staff and schools. Frequent travel to designated schools is a requirement.
The individual selected will provide support and assistance to school-based staff in:
- Experience with First Nations, Métis and Inuit curriculum infusion
- Excellent understanding of program of studies K-12
- Incorporation of technology for learning
- Guidance and mentorship of school-based administrative teams
- Fostering learning communities
- Planning and delivering in-services to professional and paraprofessional staff
- Evaluation procedures and expectations (Teacher and Administration)
- Strong FNMI perspective with knowledge of and/or experience of Aboriginal communities
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of principles of Professional Learning Communities
Further qualifications and/or qualities essential to are:
- A valid Alberta Teaching Certificate
- Valid driver’s license
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact with administrative staff, parents, support agencies, and local school board committees
- A minimum of 5 years teaching experience
- A Master’s degree in Education or equivalent/relevant graduate coursework.
Interested applicants are asked to forward a letter of application, with the names of three (3) professional references, to:
Associate Superintendent of Human Resources
Northland School Division No. 61
Peace River, Alberta T8S 1V2
Phone: (780) 624-2060
Fax: (780) 624-5914
Closing date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for submitting applications. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.