Attendance Improvement Initiative 'Every Day Counts' Resources for Parents/Guardians and Community Stakeholders
This resource explains:
- What Parents and Guardians Can Do
- What Community Members and Community Leaders Can Do
- When Absences Become a Concern
- Difference between Excused Absences and Unexcused Absences
- Consequences of Absences for students
- Data analysis showing a correlation between literacy achievement and student attendance
Click here to view the resource.
Attendance Improvement Initiative 'Every Day Counts' Toolkit
To help schools increase awareness about the importance of student attendance, the Attendance Improvement Committee is pleased to provide you with an Attendance Improvement Initiative-Every Day Counts Toolkit. This toolkit offers resources, information and poster samples to help you partner with parents/guardians, community members/leaders, industry/business leaders and community agencies to ensure more students attend every day. Click here to view the toolkit.
Attendance Improvement Planning Tool Document
The Attendance Improvement Planning Tool Document is considered a living document schools update to reflect current practices with improving student attendance. Click here to view a sample document.