Regional Collaborative Service Delivery
Location: Wood Buffalo area
Competition #: 5655
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: June 1st, 2017
Closing Date: Open Ended
The position has a key leadership role within the Wood Buffalo Regional Collaborative Service Delivery (RCSD) and works under the direction of the Regional Leadership (RLT) and Executive (RET) Teams. The incumbent is responsible and accountable for implementing key decisions and having direct leadership responsibility for establishing and contributing to the achievement program goals and ensuring adherence to the RCSD Regional Requirements and Governance Model.
A key function of the job is to support the collaboration amongst partners to ensure provincial and regional outcomes are met. The incumbent promotes the program’s mission and vision through the building of positive relationships, liaising with partners, the provincial office, other regional managers, and organizations within the region.
The Incumbent develops and maintains strong working relationships with key partners in order to provide leadership for the Wood Buffalo region. The incumbent works in an inter-disciplinary environment with education authorities, Alberta Children’s Services, Community and Social Services, and Alberta Health Services.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate leadership in modeling and working to achieve the goals of the governance teams;
- Prepare strategic plans and annual reports, as required by the region and provincial office;
- Prepare proposals and develop/facilitate projects required by the governance teams;
- Gather and analyze data on supports and services as identified by the RLT/RET as well as by the province;
- Coordinate and host meetings, as determined by the governance teams, with dates/locations set annually;
- Ensure children, youth and families with love incidence needs have access to supports;
- Provide regular budget updates to the RLT in consultation with the designated banker;
- Keeping records of all documents, relating to RCSD, as required under provincial record keeping guidelines;
- Implementing agreed upon referral processes to access support and services;
- Ensuring that agendas and minutes are distributed to all, that action items arising out of meetings are responded to, and that results are reported at subsequent meetings;
- Reporting, under the direction of the Chair, budget and annual reconciliation, annual report and annual timelines for Wood Buffalo Regional Collaborative Service Delivery.
- Master’s degree in the health, education, children’s services, or community and social services fields, plus five years of management and/or leadership experience, ideally in an organization of significant size, complexity and diversity;
- Knowledge of strategic planning and project management principles, practices, short and long-term plans and projects;
- Knowledge of services for children and youth including community resources;
- Understanding of the educational context is an asset;
- Exceptional communication, organizational and negotiating skills, child/youth and family orientation and commitment to providing quality services;
- Exceptional collaborative and consensus building skills.
Candidates should have solid administrative experience including project management; budgeting; organization and time management skills; and the ability to prioritize work, handle competing priorities, and remain productive under pressure with tight deadlines. Experience in contract management and negotiation would be an asset.
Term: Full-time to August 15th, 2018 with a possibility of extension.
Start Date: June 9th 2017
Employer: Fort McMurray Catholic School District. Secondment may be considered
Salary: The salary will be commensurate with the candidate’s education and years of experience.
Application Deadline: June 16th 2017
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and require references.