General Call for Principal & Leadership Positions
Location: All Schools
Competition #: 5651
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: May 31st, 2017
Closing Date: Open Ended
Northland School Division No. 61 is looking for teachers who are interested in Leadership or Principal positions who have a minimum of 5 successful years of teaching experience in rural and Aboriginal communities, have demonstrated leadership skills at the school level, and have a repertoire of expertise that can support literacy and language improvement through common Division goals and initiatives.
- Advocate Cree/Déné language/culture revitalization;
- Advocate the weaving of Aboriginal history, perspective, knowledge, experience, pedagogy, and resources into curriculum;
- Promote school-parent-community engagement;
- Support instructional leadership for engaged teaching/learning and academic improvement ;
- Promote differentiated instruction to meet diversity in learning needs;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, and
- Commit to collaborative-decision making
Candidates with an interest in leadership will hold as priority, improved student attendance, achievement, learning success for all students, and professional development and training opportunities for teaching and paraprofessional staff. Completion of or progress towards a Master’s Degree in Education Administration or equivalent and prior educational leadership experience will be a definite asset. Candidates with an interest will also be receptive to leadership development workshops, conferences, and course opportunities.
Please apply to: Wesley Oginski, Associate Superintendent of Human Resources, Northland School Division No. 61, P.O. Bag 1400, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624-2060, Fax: (780) 624-5914. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all candidates for applying. However, only those selected for competency screening will be contacted.